This rare opportunity presents itself to those who want to work for an exclusive hospitality group with a twist on event and hospitality offerings. To be successful in this role you’d need to have a strong events and operational experience in function and event, restaurant style venues, as well as being creative and innovative, confident, and proficient in all the onsite deliverables.
Your day to day will encompass, overseeing up to 3 events at one time, which can including private dining, special events, whole venue galas and many more styles of events.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need experience in coordinating in venue, with a high level of attention to detail. You'll need to think on your feet, problem solve, manage a capable team and deliver exception service offerings. What's in it for you?
What do you do?
- $70,000 - $75,000 + Super + Comms
- CBD location
- Work for one of the best hospitality groups
- Full time
- Sundays Off!
- Close to parking and public transport
- Change to be a core piece of this iconic Melbourne venue
- Career pathway with substantial growth within the group
What do you need?
- Manage the end-to-end operations on event day
- Oversee the event day staffing
- Ability to work across multiple sites, managing multiple events simultaneously
- Have a keen eye for detail and ability to problem solve
- Liaise with the Venue Manager to ensure adequate staff are rostered to provide an excellent level of service
- Coordinate external suppliers on site
- Have exceptional time and organisational skills
- Maintain a professional image and excellent presentation on duty at all times
- Ability to work hospitality hours in line with events
If you're as passionate about this position as we are then please don't delay and APPLY NOW! We are interviewing immediately. For a confidential discussion please call Abby Inglis on 0412 220 920 or email me at email@example.com
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of marketing and event management skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload
- Working cooperatively with the management team
- Demonstrated 3 years’ experience or more in event sales
- Outstanding communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously and late nights some nights
- Ability to work across a 7 day roster in line with the business needs
- Great time management and organisation
- Experience working in Hospitality venues is a must
- The ability to work afternoons and evenings
- A friendly, energetic personality with an ability to build rapport easily
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. *You will only be contacted if you are short listed.