Woods & Co
have partnered with this upmarket pub style venue who are on the hunt for a capable, qualified and experienced Senior CDP to be a team player in operations and assist the established kitchen team to oversee smooth service. This is your opportunity to learn from one of the best Exec Chefs in Melbourne!
To be successful in this role you can prove you are an experienced Senior CDP in a fast-paced venue who has a love of incorporating fresh ingredients and a whole lot of love into plating up! The right candidate will have assisted in creating a few seasonal menus in their time, cooked in every section of the kitchen, good at problem-solving, and have great people management skills in general and understanding good Italian/Mediterranean style service.
Experience in the fast-paced up-market venues is a must with a willingness to grow within the business. This is a hands-on role
- you'll be part of the service, be the leading team player, handle all people management tasks and troubleshoot service issues What’s in it for you?
What do you do?
- $75,000 - $80,000 + Super
- Two days off a week
- No super late nights with rotating rosters
- Be apart of a well-established Venue and team
- Two consecutive days off
- Work-life balance with an average 42 hour week
- Creative input into the menus
- A great team environment that is supportive
- Work for a ‘one hatted’ venue
What do you need?
- Be a team player and lead by example
- Ability to learn the traditional cooking methods
- Proficient Italian/Mediterranean style cooking or the fundamentals
- Hands on approach in your leadership
- Have a love for fresh, quality food offering
- Manage to open and closing procedures
- Financial reporting such as COGs, Wastage, Labour is a bonus
- Hard working and dedicated
- A love for servicing the locals
- Ensuring smooth BOH operations from end to end
- At least 3 years’ experience as an autonomous CDP in fast pace venues
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Full working rights in Australia, without limitations
- Weekend availability and Willingness to work across a 7 day roster
- Ability to problem solve and prioritise tasks
- Willingness to be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team and lead by example
- Demonstrated experience in training and overseeing chefs of all levels
- Want to work long term and progress your career with the business
- Fluent written and verbal skills
If you're as passionate about this position as we are then please don't delay and APPLY NOW! We are interviewing immediately! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Abby on 0412 220 920
Woods & Co Recruitment is committed to creating a positively diverse and inclusive workforce which values all backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate and encourage applications (no matter age or status) from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and/or a linguistically diverse background, all members and genders of the LGBTQI community and people with disability.